Thursday, February 16, 2012

Never a Dull Moment

Today was Gordo’s monthly luncheon with the old guys at Yao’s. He had an uneventful nice time.
That was … until … we got home.
Every time we go somewhere … we take his 4 wheel walker … The “HUGO”. Dad walks out to the car and back into the house with it. 
Today …we were coming back into the house after our outing and as always… I got ahead of him because I have to lift up the front two wheels of dad’s walker about 4 inches to get through our doorway, he steps up … then I lift the up the back 2 wheels … and we walk into the house.
I had just lifted up the front two wheels when Gordo yells … stop! Pooker Annie! I turn around and … whoops! His pants have come down around his ankles. So what does every good caregiver do in situations like this??? Start laughing so hard that I almost wet my pants. Then Dad starts laughing and my dog starts barking. So here we are … front wheels in the doorway … dad has his pants around his ankles and the back two wheels of his HUGO are still 4 inches down on the porch. I finally regained enough composure to pull up his pants and help him and the walker up and into the house.
As I was closing the doors … I noticed my neighbor (who I don’t know very well) … quickly turn away and walk into her house. OMG! She witnessed this whole episode.
I did think about going over and explaining … but … then … why even bother?
There’s never a dull moment at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment