Tuesday, February 7, 2012

He Wins!

Taking care of Gordo has a lot of moving parts. More important than health and hygiene related duties … is the scheduling of his TV shows. I had to take the remotes out of his hands months ago, because they became too frustrating for him to operate.
My program planning becomes much more involved during NBA season, as he is quite the basketball “aficionado”.
Every day he tears out the basketball schedule from the newspaper, then I go to TVguide.com (where I have set the defaults to our local service in Houston) and write down the schedule of games, channels and times that are available for the day. Then he selects which ones he wants to watch and I come in at the scheduled times and put the correct game on and when his games come on too late in the evening … the list falls in to the hands of my hubby. Yes … it is a family affair.
Dad switched gears on us last night. Elected to blow off the night’s (less interesting) game in lieu of back to back episodes of “Being Human”. Yes … the show about vampires.
I got the show on and left his room.
He calls out …Pooker Annie! …. run back in … yes dad … make sure Mikey (my hubby) records “Shameless”. Ok dad … will do.
BTW … Recording is my husband’s duty.
I leave his room again … Pooker Annie! .. oh for Pete sake! ….
Run back in his room … yes? … tell Mikey not to forget to record that new series with Angie (Anjelica) Huston. “Smash”? I asked. He replies … yes … that one.
Ok … I leave his room.
Pooker Annie! … are you frickin kiddin me? … now … I’m getting mad.
I swing open his door … yes dad. He looks up at me (with a smile) and says Thank You. I simply say … you are very welcome.
DAMN … he WINS again … my heart … that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment