Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do Blondes Have More Fun?


Yesterday we took our routine trip down to Sugar Land (where the urologist is) for Gordo’s catheter change.
It’s become more like dropping him off at day care.
His favorite nurse … Shannon (he can never remember her name) … the “blonde” wheels him back to a room while I stay out in the waiting room and about 15 minutes or so later … she wheels him back to me.
So after 30 minutes had gone by … I got a little concerned and knocked at the door. Jeremy … another one of dad’s favorites lets me in and leads me to dad’s room. I can hear Gordo’s loud voice and women laughing and carrying on. As I enter … he yells out Pooker Annie! … Meet another beautiful blonde nurse! Dad … (I’m a little embarrassed) … I’m quite sure she has a name. She turns to me, as she extends her hand for a shake … I’m Stephanie. Dad says …yes… her name is Stephanie.
I’m looking around the room and dad has 2 bottled waters, a cup of coffee and a New Yorker Magazine. Ok … what is going on in here? Shannon (the other blonde) explains that after they changed his catheter, he appeared to be a bit dehydrated, so they were getting liquids in him to make sure that all was working properly, before sending him home.  She continues ... Mr. Cave (Gordo’s last name) says he never drinks tap water, so I went and got him bottle water. He also loves coffee and I grabbed a New Yorker magazine to keep him busy while he waited. I’m thinking … are you kidding me. Dad’s got these girls jumping through hoops.
Finally … we get some flowing action and are given the green light to go home.
As were leaving … dad’s waving at several of the staff and all of them look up … Bye Mr. Cave, take care Mister Cave, see yah later, have a good night, etc. Good heavens! He has a regular fan club.
I don’t know if blondes have more fun, but Gordo certainly does.

No comments:

Post a Comment