Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy Endings

Gordo had finished all of the large print books he got last week at the library, so I offered him one of mine that I had not yet read.
Yesterday he pipes up and says “Pooker Annie” … I finished that book that you gave me.
I asked … was it good?
Gordo: Yes … Nobody gets killed.
Me: That’s great … you just ruined it for me … dad.
Gordo: No I didn’t … now you can read it and not worry. Don’t you like happy endings?
Me: Yes … daddy, but I like to discover them on my own.
I … then (jokingly) say … Well it’s a good thing you haven’t already seen the Super bowl game.
Gordo: No …  I haven’t … but the Patriots will win.
Well folks … I guess not all stories have happy endings.
Plus … in Gordo’s opinion … Madonna’s no Lady Gaga.  He is a piece of work.
Have a super week my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment