Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Life's A Box of Chocolate


Yesterday after I gave Gordo his favorite … Jimmy Dean’s sausage and biscuits, I went about my morning ritual … cleaning the kitchen, reading emails, feeding the cats, etc.
When I returned to his room to get his dirty plate … true to his word … he’d gotten into his Valentine’s chocolates. Wrappers everywhere … chocolate on his face …and a very guilt look. 
Good heavens Dad … how many did you eat?  He replies … only four.  Dad … you do realize that it is only 8 o’clock in the the morning?  He says … Yes … that’s why I only ate four. 
I then suggested that I take his box and save some for later. “Good idea Pooker Annie”. I can have some more after lunch. With that being said … I grabbed the box and left his room.
Two or three minutes later … Pooker Annie! I go running back to his room. Yes ... Dad?  He asks … What time is lunch? (OMG!) Later Daddy … much later.
I guess ... Life is like a box of chocolates ... mine just happens to be full of nuts.
Have a super Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment