Wednesday, April 25, 2012

World Peace

It is amazing how the human brain works. Gordo can't remember how to turn his electric blanket on & off ... but he is "crystal clear" when it comes to the NBA.
I was welcomed this morning with a .. "Pooker Annie ... these Celtics are really testing my pacemaker". I ask ... "did they lose?" He snaps back ... "Hell no ... they whooped em ... but they didn't start the game that way". 
OK ?????
Then he starts yapping about "World Peace" and what a nasty thing he is ... blah blah blah ... I'm thinking ... what the heck is he talking about.
Now I know.
For those of us who aren't nearly as basketball savvy as my father ... "World Peace" is a basketball player who plays for the LA Lakers. Yesterday he was handed a seven-game suspension by the NBA for his elbow to the head of James Harden (actually causing a concussion) in Sunday's game against the Thunder. That will sideline him for the Lakers' final regular-season game and their first six playoff games.
Well ... dad ... some names are poorly chosen. He (seriously) exclaims .. . "They sure as hell are!"
All I have to say is ... GO CELTICS!

No comments:

Post a Comment