Monday, April 23, 2012

All You Need is Love


Gordo's been very quiet the last couple of days. He's been telling me that nothing is wrong. So ... I have left him alone ... but we're going on day 3 of this slightly odd behavior ... so today I sat down and held his hand .... " OK ... what's going on? He finally says ... "Pooker Annie ... it's just sad sometimes to know you've given up your independence".
I thought ... aww ... poor thing. So I sqeezed his hand and said ... "I know it must be, but I sort of understand." In a way ... I gave up mine too." Then I asked him ... "you know what I do when I'm feeling sad? ... He asks ... "What?" " I think to myself ... if this is the way it's supposed to be ... at least it's with a person I love. He looks up and says ... "that's true ... isn't it?" So I reply ... "well ... I think so".
As I'm walking out of his room ... "Cora?" Yes Dad? ... He melts my heart by saying ... "It's you and me ... kid!" All I can say back is ... "You'd better believe it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment