Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mellow Yellow

Yesterday I tried to downplay the seriousness of Gordo's trip to the ER.
Basically it was a 24 hour "wait and see" if the antibiotics would take hold and if not ... ... well ... I chose not to think about it. 
If you are squeamish ... stop reading here.
Basically his urine was the color of blood. Very ... very ... scary.
So I tossed and turned all night ... just praying it would clear up.
This morning I entered his room and held my breathe ... looked at his "Foley" bag. OMG! ... and what does any caregiver do in a case like this ? She starts singing " Mellow Yellow"!
As I wipe the tears from my eyes ... I tell Dad that I prayed to God last night ... and that I guess he doesn't get a lot of requests to clear up urine ... so he obliged. To which Gordo says ... "Well of course ... Pooker Annie ... God listens ... the Celtics are in the play offs ... aren't they?"
WOW! It's going to be a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment