Friday, April 13, 2012

Kick Up Your Heels!


“Cora” … not too many people with my (given) name. YES … there is a story about how I got it.
My dad was born in Norwalk, Connecticut in 1930. He always says I was named after a 1930’s flapper. 
When dad was a little boy his mother used to host a weekly “sewing” circle of 5 or 6 ladies. However dad suspects they were really drinking and gossiping. Anyway … there was one woman … named Cora. He thought she was absolutely gorgeous. So … from that time on … he always knew that if he had a girl … she’d be named Cora. WAIT … there’s more. My dad’s father came up to the hospital to see me right after I was born. He says to my dad … “son … why did you choose the name Cora?” Dad replies … “after that beautiful woman that used to come to mom’s sewing circle.” His dad says …. WHAT? You named your baby after the Norwalk whore?
Well there you have it. Yes … I was named after a “loose” flapper from the 1930’s. 
So kick up your heels ... It's FRIDAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment