Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A MacGyver Moment

I go into Gordo's room every morning at 6:30am and never know what to expect. Sometimes he tells me about his dreams, or he yaps about the temperature of his room, or explains to me about little mishaps he may have had during the night ... like spilling water, putting his teeth in the wrong bowl, etc. So yesterday ... when the first words out of his mouth were ... "Pooker Annie... had a little accident" ... I mentally prepared myself, sat on the edge of his bed and asked ... what happend dad?
"Well I was trimming the hairs in my nose and accidentally cut the inside of my nostril".
"Oh my gosh ... dad. Let me look". So I did and sure enough ... there was a little cut inside his right nostril. " Dad ... it's not too bad ... you'll be alright".
He then asks ... " So ... what will I do now?"
" Nothing dad ... it's not like you can put a band-aid on it".
He says (in a very annoyed tone)" Well ... I know that ... but I couldn't wear my oxygen, because the rubber hurts my nose, so I was up all night".
See ... Gordo thinks that he may not wake up if he doesn't sleep with his oxygen on ... so of course ... I felt just horrible.
Oh ... daddy ... "I'm sorry" ... So I quickly came up with the solution. Grabbed the pair of scissors and snipped off the right rubber prong of his oxygen tube that feeds into his nose and announced ... " Problem Solved!".
"Pooker Annie ... you are so clever!"
So needless to say ... he took a very long nap, while Pooker Annie "MacGyver" hid all the scissors.
Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment