Thursday, October 11, 2012

God Love Our Old Folks!

Interesting afternoon. Hosted a small luncheon for Gordo and three of his friends. All lived in the same senior community where he used to be before he moved in with me.
They got lost a few times trying to find our home, but eventually made it.
Jenny ... The Australian seniors ' events coordinator, Tim the recovering alcoholic ... now an amateur photographer and Norm ... who still travels all over the word. All three are around dad's age of 80ish, so it was a blast listening to them talk .... very loudly ... I might add.
So ... as any gracious hostess would do ... I offered them ... coffee, soda, water or ice tea. Then Jenny pipes up and asks if I have any beer? ... I responded ... "Well sure". Then Norm speaks up and says ... "Me too". Tim quickly announces that he quit drinking a year ago, but will have something that's not diet.
WOW ... and I just assumed that only Gordo was so picky and demanding.
Thank goodness that I only had a six pack of Becks ... or it may have turned into a sleep over.
They all had a great time ... and I think Jenny wants to move in.
God love our old folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment