Thursday, October 4, 2012

Baked!

Gordo had a craving for a baked potato yesterday. So rather than just popping it into the microwave, I rubbed it with olive oil with sprinkled sea salt and baked it in the regular oven. 45 minutes later  I had this beautifully perfect baked potato and was thrilled with my masterpiece.
Served it to dad and returned later to remove his (completely devoured) plate. I asked him ... "So... what did you think? "Well Pooker Annie ... it was OK ... but next time ... can you cook it in the microwave? That's really the way I  like it."  " WHAT? Are you kidding me? Sure ... next time ... I do one better ... put the microwave in your lap and see how your pacemaker does while it's cooking!" Now ... Pooker Annie ... no need to get hostile. Your potato was fine ... just not great."
Rather than continuing with this conversation ... I "sucked it up" and asked ... "Do you want some ice cream? Surely I can't screw that up." He seriously replies ... "Well that's true ... sure."
All I have to say is ... SERENITY NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment