Sunday, October 14, 2012

Go Texans!

Let's see ... today.
My sister Liz came over to give me a day off.
Got my nails done, then went to Walmart.
I absolutely have started appreciating the simplest of things.
However ... when I returned home ... dad was passing NO urine through his catheter. So I called his home healthcare folks. The nurse on call was in Pearland and horribly allergic to animals (I have many) ... so she walked me through ... the flushing of of a catheter. 
I had all the proper equipment ... gloves, alcohol, saline solution and a syringe
I did it .... however ... he was so clogged ... that a nurse had to come out and change the entire catheter.
OMG ... she was amazing and kept Gordo from having to go to the ER.
But ... at least ... I now know ... how to flush his catheter ... just like a nurse. So that we can prevent these types of problems in the future.
Gordo is thrilled and watching the Yankee's game. I ... am drinking chardonnay.
Happy Sunday night! Go Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!

No comments:

Post a Comment