Thursday, August 9, 2012

Man on the Flying Trapeze

Gordo is getting a trapeze that goes over his bed to assist him with getting up.
So I started singing ... "He'd fly through the air with the greatest of ease, That daring young man on the flying trapeze. " Then Dad chimes in ... "Once I was happy, but now I'm forlorn. So I ask " Why is he forlorn? " He says ... "I guess he fell off his trapeze". 
I chucked and said ... "surely not". Dad: "I think so Pooker Annie". So I Googled the original song lyrics and printed them out. All 12 Verses. 
The gist of it is ... a man is singing about how his love left him for the man on the flying trapeze.
So of course Gordo sang the song in it's entirety to me this morning and all he had to say afterwards was ... "That poor bastard" .

I just laughed and handed him his newspaper.
For those who even care ... here is a link to the lyrics.
http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/t/themanontheflyingtrapeze.shtml
Have a super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment