Monday, August 20, 2012

Give Me Strength


Poor Gordo's back in the hospital. Got very sick (this time) with shakes , high blood pressure, elevated heart rate and blood clots in his urine.
I really had an emotionally hard time ... this go round, but my sister came to the rescue and took charge.
Love her so much! Thanks Liz!
So after a very challenging day at the ER ... he is now stable and in his own room resting.
My brain know things will get worse over time ... as he has so many health issues, but my heart still hurts when I see him suffer. All I can do is pray to God that he gives me the strength (Chinese symbol for strength attached) to handle this ... without Dad knowing how my heart is breaking.
But true to his spirit ... he asked me this afternoon ... "Pooker Annie" ... how come I always get these infections? (his short term memory gets a little hazy). I told him that the catheter that he wears keeps him alive, but the down side is the terrible infections. To which he replies ... guess it's a small price to pay for the alternative.
OMG ... this man is so amazing.
Love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment