Friday, August 3, 2012

Invasion of Normandy

Gordo has been yapping about wanting to watch "The Longest Day". It is a movie classic starring many old movie stars and is about the events of D-Day ... told from both the Allied and German points of view. 
I found the DVD at the library, so he happily watched it yesterday.
Well 2 hours passed ... then ... 2 1/2 hours passed and it was going on 3 ... when I finally went into his room and put the movie on pause and (jokingly) said " Good grief ... Dad ... the name of this movie should be called "The LONGEST movie". Then I get that (what are you ... an idiot?) look and he snaps ... "Pooker Annie ... well ... they have to invade Normandy! Now ... please put the movie back on. Well ... needless to say ... I did exactly that and left his room ... giggling to myself ... what the heck was I even thinking ... making such a stupid comment?
He cracks me up!
Have a great weekend my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment