Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Beautiful Day!

People ask me all the time ... when are you going back to work? 
I guess some folks don't realize that this care-giving gig is for as long as Gordo's here. That could be tomorrow or 20 years from now. God is the only one who knows for sure.
Would have to admit that when I originally signed up for this ... I thought it would be short term ... in that Dad was going down hill so fast. But then it became quite apparent that with this old man's will to live and the security he found in his new lifestyle with us ... was paramount ... regarding his overall health.
Sure ... there are times when I get resentful for what we have had to give up in our lives, but I just have a good cry ... then Gordo looks up at me ... wearing his silly Red Sox cap and asks for ice cream after breakfast and I regain my perspective.
If I ever do go back to "work" ... I have a sneaking supsicion that it will be in an entirely different field. 
This whole experience has significantly changed the woman I was almost 2 years ago.
So my friends ... we take one day at a time and every morning that dad and I wake up ... it's a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment