Friday, August 23, 2013

" I Want to Be Alone"

 
I went to see Gordo on Wednesday. He was really mentally off and had me very concerned.
Didn’t particularly want to talk … so in an effort to engage his mind … I went over to the many DVDs that he owns and picked 3 Greta Garbo movies. Dad looked at each one thoroughly … while gazing at her photo on the covers. All he kept saying was ... “God she was beautiful”.
I sat silently and watched him smile … as he was very focused on making the appropriate choice. He settled on the 1932 “Grand Hotel”.
His new caregiver and I helped set up the movie, headphones, closed caption, etc. I kissed dad on the forehead, as I was ending the day’s visit.
Then Gordo yells “I Want to Be Alone!” ...

I chuckled as his caregiver took him at his request … and scurried out of the room. But … I knew it was just Greta’s most famous movie quote and it made me smile.
BTW … Checked on Gordo yesterday. He’s back on!
We all agree it was the Full Moon … LOL


 

No comments:

Post a Comment