Thursday, November 1, 2012

Voting With Gordo!


All went fairly well this morning ... as I packed up dad, his walker, tic-tacs, handkerchiefs, wallet, both pairs of glasses and the wheelchair ... and off we went to vote.
Well ... I tried my best ... but was interrupted several times ... "Pooker Annie ... I can't find Judge Emmett" ... "Dad ... ssh! (he's so frickin loud) ... he's not up for re-election yet". "OH OK!"
I have a neighbor named Art who is running for Mud District something or other, so I thought the least we could do is give him our votes. I rehearsed with Gordo (on the drive over) to just look for the name Arthur ... he's the last person you can vote for on the entire ballot. Well that turned out to be a wasted exercise, because ... after yapping about Judge Emmett ... he yells out again ... "Cora ... what's our neighbor's name again?". Thinking ... OMG! I 'm just about to respond ... when one of the uptight "Voters' Aids" runs up and scolds me ... "Ma'am ... you can't help him" ... Gordo looks up and yells " What did he say?" ... OK now people are looking at us. So I said ... "well go help him then ... Good luck".
I left the voting area and waited right outside the door ... having quite the internal chuckle ... watching this poor guy trying to help Dad. He finally casts his vote and the guy waves me in to come roll him out ... as he is in his wheelchair. Gordo (loudly) yells back ... " Thanks for all your help young man". "My pleasure sir".
We get outside and he is beaming ... "See how simple that was?" I (sarcastically) replied ... " It was a cake walk". " Oh Pooker Annie ... you worry too much". 
OK FOLKS ... LISTEN UP!
After my morning ... I don't want to hear one person say they are not going to vote! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment