Friday, November 2, 2012

Not "Remotely" the same!


We have AT&T U-verse® for Dad's room and our living room. Both have exactly the same features ... except the color of the remote controls. One is silver and the other is black.
However ...we recently discovered that Dad's silver one also controls the volume of the TV in the living room, so I swapped it with the black one. However the batteries died, I was lazy and kept borrowing the silver one.
BIG mistake!. Now Gordo's got it in his head that the silver remote is some how superior. I have tried and tried to explain that they work exactly the same way, etc. So rather then getting into it with him ... I keep taking the silver one from the living room ... and my husband ... keeps taking it back. This has been going on for months.
Well ... my hubby had enough the other night and decided he was going to prove to dad that there was not a darn bit of difference between the two remotes ... other than the silver one also controls the volume on our TV a
nd not his.
I'm listening to what amounted to a ridiculous exchange between the two of them, so I finally asked Mikey to leave the room, because I could see Gordo's confusion & frustration.
The next morning ... the first word's out of Dad's mouth were " Pooker Annie ... does my Son In-Law not think I am worthy of having the silver remote?"
OMG!
I repeated this to my husband later in the morning. Mike says " I hope you told him the truth ... about how both are the same". All I said ... " Hell No! ... I told him he could have the silver one".
Mike just shook his head and walked away.
Poor Mikey!
Welcome to my world! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment