Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Comfortable Silence


Every two weeks I go to the library & load up with large print books and DVDs ... that I think Gordo will like. Sometimes I choose better than other times. We go through the ritual of determining which ones he wants and those that are not of interest. I place the "duds" in the book bag and stack the rest on his table. Each time he finishes reading or watching his "picks" ... I place them in the same book bag, so all that is left are the ones he has chosen and not yet touched.
Well ... that has worked beautifully for months and months ... until last night.
Mikey wanted to read a book, so I suggested that he go into Dad's room and browse through the book bag. Simple ... right? WRONG!
All I could hear from the living room ... was Gordo ... " Wait a minute Michael ... which one are you taking? " " Let me see that one" . "I want to read that one". "I don't think I've seen that movie". "You can pick from the ones on my bookshelf (the ones he's owned for years), as long as you return it". 
I didn't hear a word coming from my hubby ... but 2 seconds later he came out with a hardback ... that dad has owned for 20 years and sat down next to me on the couch. Neither of us spoke a word and just read our books in front of the fireplace.
It was actually one of those "Comfortable Silences".
Love you Mikey!

No comments:

Post a Comment