Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Monday!


I was talking with Gordo today about “Easter Monday”. Explaining that if we lived in Europe ... that today would be a holiday.
He countered with … “ Pooker Annie … I don’t think it has biblical significance.”
Well … you know I had to check and this is what I found out.
 “Easter Monday is called "Monday of the Angel" in memory of what happened at dawn on that first day after Saturday. In fact, it was an Angel that comforted the women who, having hurried to the tomb and found it empty, were bewildered and upset…Indeed, if Christ is risen, everything changes and life and history acquire new meaning.”
In today’s liturgy, the Church remembers the Apostle Peter’s preaching to the crowds in Jerusalem, and his announcement that Jesus has been raised up “and of that we all are witnesses” (Acts 2:32).
So … needless to say … I’ll be grabbing my bible and reading him Acts 2:32 … when he gets up from his nap.
Happy Easter Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment