Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Beau


Most of you know that I have a Persian cat named Beau. He is the most relaxed wonderfully nature d cat I have ever known … and I have had many. LOL
Well … he got out of the house on Sunday. I looked and looked. Cried and cried. Mikey drove his bike through the neighborhood and 4 hours passed. Nothing!
See … Beau is rather special
Four years ago my Daughter In-Law … Andrea found 2 tiny calico kittens in the middle of the street very late at night. Even though she is terribly allergic to cats … she quickly scooped them up and put them in the back of her car.
I got them from her the next day … hoping to find homes for two little calico sisters … who were not quite weaned and quite obviously feral was going to be a challenge. After several days of calling (no-kill) shelters and a few freaks calling me from the ad I placed on Craig’s List … I was no closer to finding a home. I already had Beau and 2 other cats.  Five cats (even for me) was a little over the top.
Then I witnessed the most incredible scene. These two little kitties had their sweet little faces buried deep into the fluffy fur of Beau. OMG! They were nursing on my male cat. He just lay there … like it was natural. Although they weren't getting milk … I believe the effect was something similar to a pacifier for an infant. This went on for days and days. Then for weeks and weeks. The kittens gained weight … still shied from humans, however the bond with Beau was a strange, but beautiful thing to watch.
Needless to say … I … nor my husband had the heart to separate them … thus the reason we still have 5 cats.
Beau is also the only cat Gordo allows in his room … because he isn't


 jumpy … and every morning I hear Dad say… “Hey Beau … How the hell are you? As if they have some kind of secret language.
So … you can understand my dread as the hours ticked by.
I sat in my back yard praying for this wonder ball of orange fuzz … to come home. I waited 45 minutes or so … and low and behold he trotted over to me. I quietly stood up and opened the door. He happily hopped inside.
You would think that it would be my hubby and I who would be the happiest to see him.
NOT … I’m thinking Bella (now … one of 4 year old sisters) was.  See Photo taken 10 minutes after Beau came home.




No comments:

Post a Comment