Thursday, February 21, 2013

Truly Blessed

Lots going on these days and I've been feeling a bit guilty that I haven’t been as attentive to Gordo like I typically am. Not regarding his medical care, etc., but with the level of social interaction. Mind you … he never complains. This morning I was changing his wet socks … as he managed to knock over a huge cup of water … then proceeded to walk through it. Thank God he didn't fall. Anyway …. I was putting on his socks. He reached for my arm and in all sincerity said. “ Pooker Annie … I really appreciate you”. Oh Dad! (lump in throat) I appreciate you too! … We’re a match made in heaven … you and I”. He thinks about my comment and says … “Well … that’s true.” Then back he went to his Houston Chronicle. For that one minute … Gordo was MY caregiver. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment