Sunday, February 24, 2013

Living in the Moment!

Gordo is doing great!

He continues to make me happy every day with his crazy ways.

This week he and his nurse were singing " Under the Board Walk". I just had to sit down and smile.

Although life has changed so much for me and my family during the past 24 months  ... It has also brought us all so much closer.

Here's another wonderful moment I had this week ... 


 Yesterday I really experienced “Living in the moment”. 
It was a Beautiful sunny afternoon in Houston, so my granddaughters (Jaclyn and Presley) and I walked over to see their Grandpa Rick.
Both of them are very aware of how sick he is and they promise
d to be on their best behavior.
Lately when I've visited with Rick … he’s been in a morphine induced state … rather lethargic … and in his bedroom. However … yesterday … he seemed much more lucid and was able to venture out to the backyard to soak up a little sun. 
We all sat down. The girls sat quietly until I suggested that they sing something for Grandpa Rick.
Each belted out 2 songs in their entirety. Jaclyn sang an Adele song and Presley … “American Honey”. For the first time in many … many weeks … I had the privilege of watching Rick smile and enjoying a few moments of absolute happiness.

Thank you God!

Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment