Friday, May 10, 2013

Mothers ... Embrace Your Day!


I’ll be 50 in two months.
A mother for 30 of those years.
Seems like yesterday that I was getting married … having kids and buying our first house.
Life was so simple.
Although … at the time … was wishing for the moment when I’d have free time to do whatever I wanted.
How selfish were my thoughts?
Now … I would do anything to hold an infant on my chest … read more stories to my young children … and to have embraced every moment.
But when you are 19 … your life seems like it will go on forever.
Since those days of my younger years … I have had my ups and downs.
I married a really fabulous man … after I had married a really fabulous father for my kids.
Lucky woman … I am … to have had 2 pretty terrific men in my life.
Well as life went on … I lost my mom …. 10 years ago …. The father of my children passed away 2 months ago and I have given up my career to care for my dad.
Gordo (BTW) makes 3 amazing men in my life.
Do I have “Pity Parties?” … sure!
But … what God has afforded me … during this brief time on Earth has been pretty frickin awesome.
So … I give thanks … even though … at times it is challenging.
Happy Mother’s Day to all. Embrace your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment