Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's Mine!


Thursday night Michael and I watched our 3 yr. old grandson … Owen.
Gordo was happily watching a DVD, so I took the iPad from his room and let Owen play some games.
Well … as usual I turned in early and left Mike playing with O.D. Bear (Owen’s nick name).
Evidently Dad called my hubby later … asking where “his” iPad was … Mike explained that he and Owen were playing a game on it.
Well that’s all it took. “That’s MY iPad and I want it back NOW!” Michael knowing that it was best not to argue … went into Gordo’s room with little Owen following behind. Dad took one look at Owen and yelled … “That’s MY iPad … not yours!”. Poor little OD was startled. Then Mike barked back “Gordon he’s only 3! “ “I don’t care how old he is … that’s MY iPad!” So rather than getting into it any further … Michael grabbed Owen’s hand and left the room. He explained to my grandson that Papa Cave was just a cranky old man … and that was the end of that. 
Friday night Michael and I watched our 2 yr. old grandson … Jared. He is learning how to talk and repeats a lot.
I was in dad’s room cleaning up … with little Jared following me around. Gordo started talking to him and he would repeat words back. They were having a grand ole time. Then Jared said something Dad couldn't understand, so I explained that he had a hard time saying some things. Gordo replies (but is looking at his great grandson as he speaks) “Sometimes I have a hard time admitting that I was wrong. I’m really sorry I yelled at you the other day”.
I gave a bit of a chuckle and said … “Awe Dad that’s so sweet … but it was our other grandson who you yelled at”.
True to Gordo’s nature … “Well tell the other one … will you?”
Sure Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment