Monday, December 10, 2012

Aye Aye Captain!


Got a 3:30 wake-up call this morning.
Guess who forgot to close his urine bag?
I found Gordo sitting in his chair … reading “his” iPad, and proceeded to change his sheets.
Since I was wide awake after that … I made a pot of coffee … left him to his reading and checked my emails.
At 4:30 I heard the thump of his newspaper being delivered, so I gave it to him. Was about to leave his room … when … “Pooker Annie … when you are my age and you have accidents like I did this morning … one really wonders if they are going to be shipped to a home.”
OMG! Lump in throat. I turned around and sat on his ottoman. “Dad we’re not “shipping” you anywhere! We’re in this crazy boat together! You hear me?” He nods his head and I quickly changed the subject. “So … do you want some coffee?” He answers “Sure … but only a little creamer”.
Aye Aye Captain” (wink- wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment