Saturday, November 16, 2013

Guardian Angels

What should I do after my journey with Gordo?
One would think that I’d be happy to go back to life as it was 3 years ago.
Easier said than done … my friends. In fact (for me) down right impossible. My life will never be the same. Heck … I will never be the same.
All the things I have learned … the people who I’ve met … all my experiences, etc. led me to a career decision. Almost a mission … really. That is to reach out to as many people as I can to help our elderly have the best quality of life in their “Autumn Years”. .. while assisting the people (who love them) in  making that a reality.
My 25 plus years in advertising sales, marketing and management affords me the experience of effective communication and drive. So … with my passion for the wellbeing of our seniors … compiled with my skill set … it really was a “no brainer”.
Home Health Care!
Because of this service … (covered 100% with his Medicare A) Gordo was able to live with me for the few years that he did. I am absolutely convinced that without their care … the quality of his final years would not have been what they were. He would have been in and out of the hospital 3 times as much. But instead he was in his home … surrounded by loved ones and stayed relatively healthy during much of that time.
In his memory and because I want to help others in the same situations … I am going to keep this blog going. Only now … instead of fun stories about Dad … my hope is to share information that I have learned and will learn as my journey continues. Only now … I have a guardian angels (Gordo and Toby) to help guide me.
Love much … Cora aka Pooker Annie

    


No comments:

Post a Comment