Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Daddy

Since I have shared the good times and various updates about Gordo for almost 3 years … I cannot neglect what happens beyond the laughter.
We almost lost Dad yesterday in the ER. He temporarily rebounded and we thought he was (again) out of the woods. However … it was apparent to his doctors, caregivers, Liz and I … that this was the beginning of the end for our (mortal) Gordo.
He is being placed on hospice care to insure that the quality of his life (during his final days) is tranquil and pain free.
Dad is currently in the hospital … and will be transported back to his home on Monday … if God sees fit.
My amazing sister has been with him since yesterday … as I … am completely useless in this “caregiver” role. I simply can’t stop crying when I see his sweet face. She has stepped up and taken control of a very difficult situation.
He can no longer see, eat or talk … but knows that we are there.
This wonderful 83 year old man has had a fabulous life. Been loved by many and is now getting prepared to go on to an even better world.
Please pray for us. Knowing that we all have had an amazing journey with this man … who I am honored to call … my DADDY.

No comments:

Post a Comment