Friday, June 22, 2012

Old Folks Rule!

OMG ... I love old people. They have so much to share.
Today ... while Gordo was napping ... I took a 96 yr. old women outside ... because she was not allowed to do so without an aid. I asked if I could take her and they said sure.
Amazing! Although she could barely speak loud enough for me to hear and was slightly confused ... This fabulous woman has a PHD in education ... has been all over the world and has taught school for 40 plus years.
I validated all of this with her ... 60 ... plus daughter this evening.
I also met a woman who has been in and out of homes for the past 15 years. Still quite sane ... but has many health issues and her kids have ... all but disappeared. All she would like is someone to paint her nails and toes.
Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?
Please take care of your aging parents.
Old Folks Rule!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment