Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Challenge

This has been … without question … the most challenging time in my life.
Gordo is not doing well at all … however … my sister, all his caregivers, nurses, personal care home owner; her family, doctors, etc. are all there for dad. Even though … HE … is being mean and uncooperative.
I never thought … in a million years … that taking care of an old man would be so heart wrenching for ALL involved.
He won’t eat … drink … or listen to anyone. Including me and my sweet sister. However … neither ... we … or the whole Gordo team has … is giving up … yet!
He says he wants to live to be 100. 
We’ll see.
We have gotten tough and are making him get up a bit and will ...only stop pushing when … HE says he’s done. Thus far … he has not conceded to dying.
WOW! Life has so many challenges!
Please pray for our old folks and those who love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment