Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Star Spangled Banner

Every morning I pop into dad’s room and ask if he slept well. Typically his response is … “Always” … but sometimes his mind gets very busy during the night … and he’ll tell me a dream or memory, etc. Today I asked my daily question and he said “Pooker Annie … I can’t remember the words to The Star Spangled Banner”.
OK … it’s 6:30am and I've barely had a cup of coffee … but being the amazing caregiver that I am … LOL … yep … I began to sing it … “Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light” … that’s all it took to jar those memory cells loose. So he and I belted out the rest of the song together.
Now … I ask you. How many folks sing our national anthem before 7:00am with their 83 year old dad?
Have a super day my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment